Macadamia & Coconut Muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (use gluten free if you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine almond meal, baking powder, sea salt and shredded coconut in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut cream, eggs (add one at a time mixing after each one), then combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Add the macadamia nuts and mix well.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Serve warm with coconut butter.